Tuesday 3 June 2014

MKAL - 8, Clue 7

Clue 7 has been named French Plait by Rowan. It is a variant of stag-horn which, seems generally to be knitted over 16 stitches; 8 to the right and 8 to the left symmetrically, giving the cable some breathing room. This clue is not exactly like this; it is only knitted over 9 stitches, four right and four left separated by a constant reverse single stocking stitch vertical  giveing a double twist appearance rather than a stag-horn.






The photograph issued with the pattern, in the English version, doesn't exactly match the written pattern and I think that the garter border top and bottom appears a bit narrow.  I think I am going to adapt this pattern to suit my own aesthetic; I have knitted this according to the written pattern (see above) and feel it could look better.  I'll publish what I decide on in my next post.

No comments: