Thursday 8 May 2014

Rowan Mystery Afghan Knit along - 5

Clue 3 came out on Tuesday this week and was a simple lace pattern consisting of chevrons and garter stitch bands.  I am knitting these in Raspberry and Candy. For me these are easy as I love lace knitting.  I decided to block all of the squares once I have knitted all six. I think these squares look fine and will be better once blocked.


I managed to knit a fourth square from a single ball of wool; the pattern suggests that you could only knit 3. The tension is a bit all over the place with everyone so I think this is part of the mystery.  It is interesting reading all the posts on the Ravelry thread and I put my location on the KAL map this week. I wanted to know if there were others in my area doing this too.  I wonder how many people are knitting this all over the world as they are not all on Ravelry (currently in excess of 640).

No comments: